PIPE Networks Abuse Policy
PIPE Networks takes the law seriously. Where third parties identify breaches of the law using our network or other resources we will deal with it in accordance with our policy.
PIPE Networks runs public use USENET servers for the users of our ISP customers to use freely. We do not control the end user - they are not our customer. We cannot ban or prevent access to individual users.
We are a licensed Carrier as per Australian law and as such we have certain obligations under law with respect to the Protection of Communications. Our actions are governed by the law dealing with Telecommunications in Australia.
What you need to submit to PIPE Networks for us to look into the abuse of our network :
- report MUST be accompanied by a "brief" description/explanation of the abuse
- report MUST include the IP address, date and time (including timezone), and relevant logs where applicable
- report MUST include the full, original header information (for USENET/email)
- (for non-copyright abuse) report MUST include the Internet location of the newsgroup’s charter/faq, as well as, the section of the charter/faq that has been violated. (for USENET)
- abuse reports can only be submitted in text; XML, HTML and other non text markups are not suitable and will be disregarded. It would greatly aid our teams if the entire report in included in the body of an email and not as an attachment
If you are reporting a copyright violation then you need to state:
- references to what Australian law has been broken
- what material has been infringed
- who owns the copyright to that material