PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED, including any related bodies corporate, is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained from individuals. This deals with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as well as access to personal information and security issues.
The expression ‘personal information’ is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Collection of personal information
The type of personal information that PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with the organisation. For example we will collect personal information from you if you:
- become a PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED shareholder
- register for services
- subscribe to a journal or newsletter
- register at our website.
PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED will also collect your personal information where it is required to do so by law (for example, under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) or taxation legislation). Generally speaking, the purpose of collection and the minimum information you need to provide to PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED, will be conveyed to you at the time of collection.
If you choose not to provide personal information requested, PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED may not be able to provide you with the products or services you require.
How we collect your information
Kinds of information that we hold about you
Information that we hold generally includes names, contact details, type of business, payment details, account number, records of correspondence and billing statements. If you are one of our suppliers, we may collect other information about you we feel is necessary, such as the nature of the products or services that you supply, quotes that you provide and your direct credit details.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- provide the products and services you have requested
- administer and manage service offerings, including charging, billing and collecting debts and carrying out risk management
- research and develop PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED service offerings
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED to provide you with a better service
- provide information to ensure compliance with PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED Constitution
- provide you with access to and information about a range of current and future service offerings
- provide PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED Business and Marketing Partners with information so that they may contact you in relation to their service offerings
- keep our shareholders informed of relevant information concerning PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED
- comply with our obligations under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and applicable tax laws.
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above, PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED may disclose your personal information to third party organisations. The organisations to which PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED discloses information may include:
- external service providers to whom PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED has contracted out functions, such as printers, mailing houses, advertising agencies, but only for the purpose of providing the service PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED has contracted out
- PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED Business and Marketing Partners
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, such as the Australian Stock Exchange, as required or authorised by law
- PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED professional advisers
- PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED related companies
- other professional bodies.
You may at any time opt out of receiving information about certain service offerings. For more information contact our office.
PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to your information.
PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED personnel are trained to treat member and other customer information with the utmost confidentiality.
You can access your personal information
Individuals will be able to access their personal information by contacting our office or our Privacy Officer.
Upon request PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED will provide you with access to your personal information, subject to exceptions stated in the Privacy Act. PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED reserves the right to charge a fee for searching and providing access to information, particularly where information has been archived or is of significant size and it will take time to locate the information and provide it to you in an appropriate form.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy or wish to make a complaint, please contact us by:
Australia: 07 3233 9800
International: +61 7 3233 9800
PIPE NETWORKS PTY LIMITED
PIPE Networks House
Level 17, 127 Creek Street